Re: [fluid-dev] Compiling on Windows - it finally works

From: R.L. Horn
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Compiling on Windows - it finally works
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 13:00:36 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012, Dr.Leo wrote:

the problem was that sndfile for win32 ships with the .dll in the bin rather than lib subdir

This is pretty much the norm, AFAIK.

so one has to copy it separately to make it accessible to MinGW's linker.

You could also add an appropriate "-L" option to the .pc file, for pkg-config aware things, or use the LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

I guess the main advantage of using libsndfile compared to the fluidsynth-sox chain is that sndfile is faster

You know, spitting out an .au header is pretty easy. I wonder if it would be worthwhile to build that capability into fluidsynth (.wav would be more popular, but there's no good way to do that with a non-seekable stream).