[fluid-dev] Compiling on Windows - it finally works

From: Dr.Leo
Subject: [fluid-dev] Compiling on Windows - it finally works
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 09:58:06 +0100

Hello,

the problem was that sndfile for win32 ships with the .dll in the bin rather than lib subdir so one has to copy it separately to make it accessible to MinGW's linker. Now everything works fine. I guess the main advantage of using libsndfile compared to the fluidsynth-sox chain is that sndfile is faster and you don't need to write a shell script. My personal benefit is to have learnt a couple of new things about compiling in general.

 Thanks again for all those helpful comments.

Leo