Re: [fluid-dev] Compiling on Windows - how to use --fast-render?

From: R.L. Horn
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Compiling on Windows - how to use --fast-render?
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 14:49:52 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 18 Mar 2012, Dr.Leo wrote:

It doesn't appear that libsndfile is being linked against at all. Is there anything like "-lsndfile" or "-llibsndfile" in the link.txt files?

No, there isn't, I checked both link.txt files, although I suspect only the one for libfluidsynth rather than fluidsynth is relevant.

Okay, it's probably just a syntactical problem with the .pc file then. The important bits should look something like:

  Name: sndfile
  Requires:
  Version: [some version or other >= 1.0.18]
  Libs: -L${libdir} -llibsndfile-1
  Cflags: -I${includedir}

Running "pkg-config --libs sndfile" should return the "Libs" line (with any variables expanded), and it apparently doesn't. pkg-config is, however, returning *some* information about libsndfile or cmake wouldn't find it at all. Make sure there are no spaces between options and arguments (e.g. "-llibsndfile-1", not "-l libsndfile-1") and that you haven't accidentally deleted the colon after "Libs".

Get that working, rerun cmake, and you should get a link command which, if it doesn't work, at least fails in a different way.