Re: [fluid-dev] Re : fluidsynth router for program change

From: Aere Greenway
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Re : fluidsynth router for program change
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 14:16:03 -0700

On 02/24/2015 02:00 PM, gino latino wrote:
As i see (but i could be wrong) qmiditoute needs X server to start so i can't use it for my project... does someone know any "advanced" command line midi router?
Gino:

There is a "man page" document for qmidiroute. According to that, you can run it from the command line, as in the one I use in my desktop launcher:

qmidiroute qMidiRoute-FilterForZyn.qmr

The file name specified is the configuration, which specifies the mapping.

That being said, I don't know if it will run without the X server active. Perhaps you could generate the configuration on a machine with X server, then use the file on a machine without it. The file is a simple text file.

When I run it, a GUI application window appears, and it uses QT (which may require X server in order to run).

--
Sincerely,
Aere