Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth router for program change

From: Aere Greenway
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth router for program change
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 10:15:32 -0700

On 02/26/2015 03:41 AM, Gino Latino wrote:
In live performances I just would like to connect my controllers to the
raspberry and use it.
So, as you can guess, I will not have so much control on it and for the first
release I'm just trying to set up the software at home contextually to the
performance I'm going to play.
Max:

Given the above, you might be interested in my own project, or it might give you some ideas for your own.

My project, the KeyMusician Keyboard, was developed on Linux (so it is broadly supported there), but works equally well on Windows and Mac OS X.

On Linux, I primarily use FluidSynth (through its GUI wrapper, Qsynth).

In particular, you can be playing one instrument (and holding out a chord), and at the touch of a function-key, continue your playing with a different instrument.

You simultaneously play melody and a huge variety of chords, with an 84-key melody keyboard, all done with an ordinary typing keyboard. Chords normally play on a different instrument from the melody. Fingering is the same in every key-signature, and it's easy to play (unlike other typing-keyboard apps).

And it also works on (and is tested on) older, slower machines (on Lubuntu, it works on a 450 megahertz, 512 meg. RAM machine).

The KeyMusician Keyboard comes with detailed instructions for setting things up on your particular OS, and even instructions for playing composite voices (such as piano in the foreground, with strings in the background) - on Linux done using Qsynth/Fluidsynth, along with qmidiroute.

My web-site is:

http://keymusician.com/

If it interests you, you can obtain a 30-day free-trial copy, and if I see you obtain one in the e-commerce system, I will send you your license-keys to make your copy permanent.

--
Sincerely,
Aere