Re: [fluid-dev] Play two channels simultaneously

From: Peter Billam
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Play two channels simultaneously
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 14:46 +1000

Ben Gonzales wrote:
> Don't forget, you'll need to create similar rules for all
> your other stuff - cc pbend, etc.

Working with midiecho, I find that usually I don't want
CCs 1,5,11,64,65,66,84 (Modul,Portam,Expr,Pedals) to go through
to both channels.  It's useful to have separate volume controls
so you can adjust the balance, and you can get some good effects
by pedalling one channel but not the other.  Also with 10,71,74
(Pan,Filter) it can be nice to have independent control...

This whole doubling thing is musically a really fertile area
and I wish people did more of it. Ben's 2 separate rules
in the one fluidsynth is neat :-)

Peter

http://www.pjb.com.au      address@hidden     (03) 6278 9410
"Follow the charge, not the particle."  --  Richard Feynman
 from The Theory of Positrons, Physical Review, 1949