Re: [fluid-dev] What is the recommended way to build in windows right no

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] What is the recommended way to build in windows right now?
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 08:51:35 +0200

It should work with Visual Studio, though the instructions on the wiki page are surely old and might need an update. I cant really help with Visual Studio. I know it's usually a pain to get it work. However the wiki should be editable by any registered github user, so anyone is free to update it or simply clone the wiki locally, edit the markdown and email me any suggestions.

Hugo: You could however tell us which version of fluidsynth you were using and whether you were using cmake or autotools. And providing a full build log might also help.

Tom

Hi,

I followed the visual studio instructions found in the github wiki to build fluidsynth. I kept solving one problem after another until I I couldn't seem to move forward. This makes me feel that those instructions may be old, and that the Visual Studio solution and build is not supported anymore.

I see instructions with cmake, and instructions with mingw and msys . I cannot use cygwin, it doesn't work well on my machine.  So what would be the recommended way to build in windows now?

Thanks in advance,

Hugo