Re: [fluid-dev] What is the recommended way to build in windows right no

From: Hamish Moffatt
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] What is the recommended way to build in windows right now?
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 08:36:12 +1000

On 28/09/17 07:59, Hugo Estrada wrote:
Hi, there,

So I tried following the instructions for CMake, both the visual studio one and the MinGW. I can't advance that much in either one. So the current status that I have is.

For visual studio -- even though I installed pck-config following the instructions, pck-config --list-all show nothing, and the output complains that it cannot find the missing packages.

I've built Fluidsynth on Windows with VS 2015 and CMake without issue. (I haven't build 1.1.7 yet though.)

I got the GTK+ bundle from http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/gtk+/2.24/gtk+-bundle_2.24.10-20120208_win32.zip or similar, and libsndfile. Unzip those, add to PATH.

Run cmake. Run cmake --build. All done.

I can post my Windows batch file to do the above if necessary but it's not difficult.

Hamish