Re: [fluid-dev] LADSPA on Windows

From: Marcus Weseloh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] LADSPA on Windows
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 09:02:13 +0100

Hi Ahmed,

thanks for that detailed explanation. I'm glad it works well on Windows. Just a quick note:

\..\..>fluidsynth -o synth.ladspa.active=1

>load test.sf2
>ladspa_effect e1 gverb_1216.dll
>ladspa_link e1 Input Main:L
>ladspa_link e1 left Main:L
>ladspa_link e1 right Main:R
>ladspa_start

When you want to use an external reverb plugin, I suggest disabling the internal reverb with the -R 0 option to fluidsynth.exe. Otherwise you have two reverbs active, which might not sound as nice.
And you could use the Reverb:Send port as input to the LADSPA effect. That way you get the amount of signal sent to the effect that the designer of the SoundFont had in mind.

Cheers,

    Marcus