[fluid-dev] Strange behavior with MIDI playback

From: Carlo Bramini
Subject: [fluid-dev] Strange behavior with MIDI playback
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2019 17:00:14 +0100 (CET)

Hello,
let's think to have initialized everything with FluidSynth for playing a MIDI
file as described in the documentation. After a call to:

fluid_player_add(player, filename);

and then:

fluid_player_play(player);

and the MIDI playback runs as expected with the note of the MIDI file played
nicely.
Then, after some seconds of playback, I call:

fluid_player_stop(player);

and the playback stops as expected.
Now, if I call again fluid_player_play(), the playback starts again from the
beginning, but without emitting any sound. When the playback reaches the exact
point where the fluid_player_stop() was called, the notes are played again.
It looks like that the notes played previously and before the call to
fluid_player_stop() are lost for some unknown (for the moment) reason. This
seems not correct to me.

Is it known this behavior?

Sincerely.