Re: [fluid-dev] Slightly OT: Parsing SF2; duplicate pbag entries?

From: Mark Raynsford
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Slightly OT: Parsing SF2; duplicate pbag entries?
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 12:55:41 +0000

On 2019-02-24T13:26:01 +0100
"Tom M." <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think your confusement may arrise from the question whehter ibag[1] is the
> terminal zone or not. This is not quite clear to me.

Sorry, I should have made that clear. In this case neither ibag[0] nor
ibag[1] are the terminal zones. The parser I'm writing doesn't expose
the terminal zones (or any of the other various terminal records) to
the application.

> Supposing it is not the terminal, we have the same situation as before:
>
> ibag[0] has zero generators and zero modulators assigned to it.
> ibag[1] takes all the residual generators starting at igen[0] and all
> residual
> modulators starting at imod[0] (in case any modulators exist at all).

Ah, I see! I see how that could work (specifically, ibag[1] taking
all the remaining data). I can't find anywhere in the spec that makes
it clear that implementations should do this though... What am I
missing?

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com