freehoo-users

Re: [Freehoo-users] Re: about gnuyahoo

From: M.P.Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freehoo-users] Re: about gnuyahoo
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 16:54:45 -0000

Hi Stephen,
,---- Stephen Stocker <address@hidden> writes:
|   Thanks for the info, I didn't really know how easy this would be in
| console mode. That's all I use, along with svgalib for video. Never
| could stand a gui.
`----
FreeHoo started as a casual project. We all love keyboard and
console. I started patching ari-yahoo for my personal use. Slowly it
started spreading among my friends and at one point it became
difficult to maintain. ari-yahoo Design was completely against our
dream UI - readline/guile.  Then I asked Bala
<address@hidden> to give a skeleton GNUYahoo with readline
interface. Then I froze the design and added guile and released it
under GPL at sourceforge. But unfortunately sourceforge became
proprietary and also for other political reasons like we couldn't use
the name "GNUYahoo", because Yahoo is (TM) of Yahoo Inc.  Finally
we moved to Savannah.gnu.org as FreeHoo.

,----
|   Btw, should I get libyahoo2 separately now? I noticed it isn't in
| the latest CVS tree. unless I did something wrong.
`----
I think you are a serious FreeHoo user. I'm sorry I screwed up the CVS
during migration to higher version of libyahoo2. Its fixed now!!
and uses libyahoo2-0.6.3
,----
| Thanks again, it's a great project!
`----
Thanks for the appreciation, this keeps us motivated.

Best Regards
--
 _.|_
(_||_)