freehoo-users

Re: [Freehoo-users] Does it work behind a proxy?

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freehoo-users] Does it work behind a proxy?
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 09:31:50 -0800

,----[ Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray <address@hidden> ]
| Just came across the FreeHoo project in Savannah, and was quite
| pleased to know that it exists! I have been trying to get a IM
| client that would let me use Yahoo! for chatting. It seems that
| FreeHoo might just satisfy my requirements.  However can I have the
| following queries:
|
| Will it work behind a Squid proxy? The point is that the Yahoo
| client for Windows works without any problem, but my attempts to use
| Gaim to facilitate chatting in Linux has run into trouble, since the
| proxy does not allow port 5050 tunnelling. The problem exists for
| Google Talk as well. The Windows client works without any issues,
| but when I tried Gaim on Linux the same tunnelling problem returned
| to haunt me. I have Gaim 1.50.
|
| In case you need it here is what I got on nmapping my
| gateway(172.16.20.1) and proxy (172.16.20.2): address@hidden bin]$
| nmap 172.16.20.1
`----
It will be nice to have proxy support in freehoo. Please write to
libyahoo2.sf.net guys and let me know if they have had any
success. Then I will add support in freehoo.

BTW, if you use jabber, we developed another similar tool called
"freetalk" which also works for Google Talk.
http://www.gnu.org/software/freetalk

--
Anand Babu
GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31