Re: [ft-devel] Want to work on a project to add support for the 'SVG ' O

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Want to work on a project to add support for the 'SVG ' OpenType table to render color fonts.
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2019 16:43:10 +0100 (CET)

Hello Alekh!

> I am a Computer Science Engineering student interested to work on
> the the project to *add support for 'SVG' OpenType table to render
> color fonts*.  [...]

Great!

> I want to evaluate the various SVG libraries which are freely
> available to check which fits the job.  And work on its integration
> into *freetype*.  I will like to work on this as my GSoC 2019
> project.

Hold your horses!  In the end of February we know whether FreeType
will participate at GSoC.

> But i will still like to work on the development of *freetype
> *irrespective of whether it is my GSoC project or not.

Nothing prevents you from starting your work immediately :-) So please
get acquainted with the topic, read the OpenType specification, etc.,
etc.  However, please don't expect as much as guidance as a GSoC
mentor can give.

    Werner