Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohintGUI - Command not found.

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohintGUI - Command not found.
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2019 14:15:19 +0100 (CET)

> i’ve just installed ttfautohint and ttfautohintGUI
>
> I’m runing Mac OS 10.13.6 (17G65)
>
> As described on
> https://www.freetype.org/ttfautohint/osx.html
> <https://www.freetype.org/ttfautohint/osx.html>
>
> I ran the installation via the Terminal app, using the suggested
>
>   brew install ttfautohint --with-qt5

About two weeks ago I was informed that the Homebrew maintainers
decided to no longer support packages with options like `--with-qt5'.
There was a small glitch in the ttfautohint recipe which they took as
an occasion to remove the option.  For this reason, it does nothing,
and ttfautohintGUI won't be installed.

However, Cosimo Lupo recently set up a private tap that contains a
recipe for ttfautohinGUI.  I haven't had time yet to look at and test
it by myself; he wrote me the following:

  I just made this homebrew "tap" repository for our custom
  ttfautohintGUI.rb formula:

    https://github.com/anthrotype/homebrew-ttfautohint

  you can build/install it with this command:

    $ brew install anthrotype/ttfautohint/ttfautohintGUI

Seems to be quite easy :-) I will eventually update the installation
instructions.

    Werner