Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohintGUI - Command not found.

From: Martin Wenzel
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohintGUI - Command not found.
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 14:30:54 +0100

Cosimo,

Thank you so much, that did the trick!

Best,
Martin

On 9. Jan 2019, at 14:09, Cosimo Lupo <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Martin,

homebrew no longer supports build options, so in order to build ttfautohint with GUI with homebrew we had to make a separate, custom formula which is not hosted on the homebrew-core (upstream) repo, but on a so-called Homebrew Tap (i.e. a user's github repository). The command-line-only version of ttfautohint is still available as `brew install ttfautothint`, as usual.
If you want to build the GUI version as well, you can use this command:

$ brew install anthrotype/ttfautohint/ttfautohintGUI

Probably better to `brew uninstall ttfautohint` before you attempt the above command, since that will install both `ttfautohint` and `ttfautohintGUI` commands.

The instructions on the website need to be updated accordingly. /cc @Werner LEMBERG

Let me know if that works for you,
Cheers

Cosimo