freetype

Re: [ft] Background color

From: armin
Subject: Re: [ft] Background color
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2019 16:25:42 -0000

> Hi,

Hi Louis,

FreeType is just responsible for extracting bitmaps from font files and
doesn't have anything to do with using/displaying the extracted data.

> My problem is that I try to display a video as background for my
application.
> When the freetype text is on top of the video then I have a black
background
> all around the character.

What framework are you using for playing the videos? If I had to make a
guess it could be related to the video player; however, as far as I am
informed, the chance that this issue has got anything to do with FreeType
(directly) is almost zero.

> On the attached image, the green background is the video, and the black
> rectangle is the problem.
>
> Do you know how to get rid of this black background ?

That really depends on the technique you're using for drawing the glyphs; a
minimal code/working example with a good description about how to reproduce
it could maybe help us to determine if this issue you're running into is
related to FreeType.

Best
Armin