gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] RSSKit/0.4 silent ABI break

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] RSSKit/0.4 silent ABI break
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 22:03:56 +0200

Hi,

On 2014-07-13 17:15:35 +0200 Yavor Doganov <address@hidden> wrote:

Riccardo Mottola wrote:

Are you referring to the release of the 30th of June? 1.0.0 / 0.4.0

Yes, sorry,  It's just that the modern GNUstep has *finally* landed in
Debian so I'm updating all packages...

Finally :)

What INTERFACE_VERSION do you refer to?

There is none defined (which is probably one of the reasons why this
was omitted); GNUstep Make sets it to 0 if not defined explicitly in
the makefile.  It should have been changed to 1 as 0.4.0 is not binary
compatible with the previously released version.

Ah I see, if I didn't see it I didn't bump it.

Does it need to be an integer number or can it just follow somehow the version? e.g. 0.4 ?

Riccardo