gap-discuss

Re: [gap-discuss] CVS repository maintenance - stop committing until fur

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: [gap-discuss] CVS repository maintenance - stop committing until further notice
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 02:41:49 +0100

Hi,

I hope you will like the news!

as you may have guessed, I was doing maintenance on CVS.... to perform the SVN transition. After several attempts and help from the guys at savannah, I was able to import CVS into SVN with full history and the same organization (but we had care for the correct root). Hard and long work!

Riccardo Mottola wrote:
Hi,

I need to do CVS maintenance, dump and conversion of the CVS repository. Please stop committing until further notice to preserve integrity and/or risk of loosing your changes. Hopefully it will be all complete over this weekend.

Thanks for the patience!

please check out SVN anonymously or named and compare it to CVS. CVS is currently still active un til the migration is declared successful (check especially that special files work, like project files, gorm files... check for missed commits, missing files and perhaps a "history" check).

Afterwards we can call the switch complete and officially announce it.

Riccardo