gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] GCMD dependencys

From: A. Gordon
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] GCMD dependencys
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 00:30:23 +0200

Magnus Stålnacke wrote:
on my Slamd64 box and then some cleaning and sorting out of
the most obvious, and came up with the list below, how much
of this do you think belong on the homepage as "Required libraries"?

I believe the required libraries (and minimum version) are:
Glib (2.0.0)
Gtk (2.6.0)
Gnome (2.0)
GnomeUI (2.0)
GnomeVFS (2.0)

All the rest are sub-dependencies.

BTW, contrary to the debian's package requirements, Gnome-Commander does NOT require "fam"/"famd". For file monitoring, it uses GnomeVFS's monitoring, and does not use famd directly.

Currently I switched from "famd" to "gamin", and gnome-commander works great (however, because I used debian's package manager, when I removed "famd" it also forced me to remove "gnome-commander" package. hopefully we'll fix that in the next version).

One last little thing:
The internal viewer library requires the "mmap" function (which should not be a problem on most modern OSes).

Assaf.