gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] gnome mimetypes

From: Micha
Subject: [gcmd-dev] gnome mimetypes
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 16:46:57 +0100

Setup a entry, via umime, for .exe which provides

MimeType=application/x-dosexec;

However, a gcmd popup says:

No default application found for the mime-type application/x-ms-dos-executable.
Open the "File types and programs" page in the Control Center to add one.

It works with that x-ms-dos-executable one.
I guess you need to query another mimetype title database.
However, /etc/mimetypes has x-msdos-program  >:
I can find the correct title, however, in /etc/mime.magic, wich was installed
by the package gnome-libs-data.

hmm....!

   °
 /\/