gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Re: autogen: missing M4 macros

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Re: autogen: missing M4 macros
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 11:12:02 +0200

On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 04:35 +0200, Micha wrote:
> | (B/usr/share/aclocal/tcl.m4:20: warning: underquoted definition of
> | SC_PATH_TCLCONFIG
>

> | This is cause by errors in usr/share/aclocal/tcl.m4 ...
>
> What do you mean -- the macro doesn't work properly ?

This a warning only and doesn't affect gcmd building. Just wanted to say
that this pile of warnings does not come from gcmd. If you remove
tclconfig - just for a test - all of them should go away... BTW - I've
got similar problem with autotrace:

        Running aclocal-1.9...
        /usr/share/aclocal/autotrace.m4:7: warning: underquoted
        definition of AM_PATH_AUTOTRACE
          run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
          or see
        http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal

> | Do you have any problems with building gcmd from cvs sources ? I can't
> | grok it from your log...
>
> Sorry - compiling wasn't wasn't finished when i sent the mail.
> Yes, it worked, up and running, 'about' says it's 1.20-pre

1.20-pre ?????

Have you checked out the cvs repo? The current version in cvs is 1.2.1 (HEAD
branch)

> | And another question - if you are able to make & install it - do you
> | have help working (F1)?
>
> Not really, but IIRR gnome help was broken on my box for many months (or more)
> but i never investigated it. It doesn't work in Nautilus (this is 2.14.1 now)
> either.
> gcmd message is,
> "Die GNOME_FILE_DOMAIN_APP_HELP-Domäne konnte nicht gefunden werden"
> (domain couldn't be found)
>
> Yelp 2.14.1 seems to be working when i call it manually. Sort of, at least -
> many chapters
> are missing.

IMHO the problem with 'GNOME_FILE_DOMAIN_APP_HELP...' has been fixed
before 1.2.0. May you try the latest code? I'm very curious if it works
for Magnus reports problems with gcmd help

Piotr