gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] [NEW] New user action for bookmark accessing

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] [NEW] New user action for bookmark accessing
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:51:08 +0200

> Piotr:
> > for local bookmarks
> >
> >         KEY=bookmarks.goto|bookmark_name
> >         or
> >         KEY=bookmarks.goto|local|bookmark_name
>
> I've ever seen the second path only, does it mean the 'local' can be omitted ?

Yep.

> Since there's only one bookmark group and no manager yet.
> Can i have more groups by hacking the config ? Like [newname_bookmarks].

Currently there 2 groups: local and samba. I know it should be more like
shortcut to a location, but changing that requires LOTS of code modification.
We'll get back to more general bookmarking after finishing support for the
missing protocols (sftp, webdav, ...)

> > Nonexistent bookmark names are reported to stdout and then ignored
>
> There's a reproducible bug if users enter wrong keys.
> I made a mistake and set up <meta>g when i meant <alt>g, and after closing
> gcmd the <meta> got deleted so only 'g' was left. That's a nice approach but
> maybe dangerous in special situations.

So gcmd should report about unknown mofifiers and ignore them, right?

And just FYI:
gcmd supports now 4 type of modifiers:

    <shift>     -->     GDK_SHIFT_MASK;
    <control>   -->     GDK_CONTROL_MASK;