gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] initial window focus

From: Michael
Subject: [gcmd-dev] initial window focus
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 06:52:41 +0200

My response was too optimistic. It works perfectly with wmaker now, but it
doesn't with metacity in a gnome-session -- just the same old buggy behaviour
which i reported.

btw. metacity spits out a log:

Window manager warning: Received a _NET_WM_MOVERESIZE message for 0x1a00003
(Configurat); these messages lack timestamps and therefore suck.
Window manager warning: last_focus_time (1193106590) is greater than comparison
timestamp (10715421).  This most likely represents a buggy client sending
inaccurate timestamps in messages such as _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW.  Trying to work
around...
Window manager warning: last_user_time (1193106590) is greater than comparison
timestamp (10715421).  This most likely represents a buggy client sending
inaccurate timestamps in messages such as _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW.  Trying to work
around...
Window manager warning: 0x2000003 (michael.wo) appears to be one of the
offending windows with a timestamp of 1193106590.  Working around...

 m°

I deinstalled sawfish and moved to metacity just to see how it works, and it
actually has some features which i know from wmaker. Did i mention you can
cycle with mouse scrollwheel through any number of workspaces in wmaker, too ?
And window list is middle click. You can have a floating workspace selector if
you like.

Enlightenment, when i tested it several years ago, does an especially nice
desktop but not real improvement in functionality, over wmaker.

And nowadays there's Beryl. But i seriously doubt it contributes anything
towards productivity.
Or tell me what's making you faster with
<http://www.beryl-project.org/images/cube_full.jpg>
...well we need to keep up, and we need a full-3D tentacle-like gcmd-blurb ASAP!

http://www.beryl-project.org/features.php apparently they learned from Mac and
Vista.