gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] initial window focus

From: Antono Vasiljev
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] initial window focus
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 09:26:25 +0300

On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 06:52 +0200, Michael wrote:
> And nowadays there's Beryl.

Compiz-Fusion is new incarnation of Beryl.

> But i seriously doubt it contributes anything towards productivity.
> Or tell me what's making you faster with
> <http://www.beryl-project.org/images/cube_full.jpg>

You take productiveless feauture of composited wm's (except maybe
woobly windows or rain/snow) but it really useful. What i personaly use
in my everyday work is:

Expose (windows tiled on the screen), Expo (look at all virtual desctops
from distance and you still can move windows with mouse), ring switcher
- i can see thumbnails of my apps instead of just icons.

I found Compiz VERY useful. I used wmaker, flux/blackbox, metacity, e16,
e17, xfwm but i think Compiz is most useful of all above and as modern
as it should be :)

--
Antono Vasiljev
http://antono.info