gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] [NEW] Use of GNOME authentication manager for user's secu

From: Antono Vasiljev
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] [NEW] Use of GNOME authentication manager for user's security credentials
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 02:25:10 +0200

On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 05:55 +0100, Michael wrote:
> Does it mean the keyring-manager does not work as expected ?
> Or does gedit (Version 2.20.3) store passwords internally, meanwhile ?
>
> Still, it doesn't work in gcmd, it crashes.

I logged in to ftp.gnome.org trying to edit welcome.msg (F4 = gedit)
In my case it opens with empty file.

> Nautilus crashes too, and also without any popup.
>
> My best guess at that point is, the whole thing may be broken in gnome
> 2.20.

All works fine in Debian sid with Nautilus. I have more than 5 bookmarks
in Places -> Network places and every one worked since 2.20. Was some
point in time when i have troubles with remote file systems (gvfs) in
gnome... and in 2.18 somtimes i getting troubled by k-m. But now all
fine!

--
Antono Vasiljev
http://antono.info