gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Gnome Commander

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Gnome Commander
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 20:35:04 +0200

> I would love to see a pull down menu where I can use my root password
> and have it kept for a designated amount of minutes. Of course with an
> additional button to click to "lose the password" should my tasks be
> carried out faster than anticipated.
>
> What about it Guys? Or have I missed something.

Support for 'Root mode' has been added not quite long ago (but after
1.2.5 release) :o) The code is available in svn repository.

The bad news is that even if I released the new version today it
wouldn't get into Ubuntu repositories soon (as for Hardy Heron is
expected in a few days)...

So, the only available way for root privileges in gcmd is building
Ubuntu package yourself. I'm afraid I can't help you here as I'm not
familiar with deb packages :o(

Piotr