gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] crude device hacks

From: Michael
Subject: [gcmd-dev] crude device hacks
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 19:33:10 +0100

In the options dialog, configured a new 'device' like this:

Device = "> /dev/null && myscript -o &" where -o is just some options. That
works - i have a button just to run a custom script.

Then i tried to get rid of the error message (access not possible, or so, i've
got it in German) with something like "> /dev/null && exit 0" for the
mount-point, but that's not working. I guess gcmd is trying to cd into that
thing.

Is there anything i possibly could do so that no error message gets triggered ?

I know this is a crude hack. But it's faster than coding :) and i am aware that
very few people would want toolbar buttons to run custom commands.