glug-nith-discuss

Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Regarding Advertisements on glug-nith.org

From: Arjun Shankar
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Regarding Advertisements on glug-nith.org
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 22:58:41 +0530

> We want your suggestions regarding this

Technically, since the college serves up glug-nith.org from its server
and pays for the bandwidth and electricity, students (and ex-students
like me) have no right to decide this. Moreover which account will
their money go into? Obviously, one owned by the college. And I don't
see NITH opening a PayPal account anytime soon :)

Of course Debarshi (the guy who pays the bills for the domain name
every year) has some say as well!

Still, if you ask me: I'd say don't take it.

Cheers!
Arjun

PS: If the GLUGs finances are allowed to be made public, what is the
current situation? Are you looking for funding? Any plans of big
spends in the near future? Just curious.