Re: [Gnump3d-users] htpasswd question

From: Ray Tran
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] htpasswd question
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 17:51:40 +0100

It looks like you are using Apache to serve your files _not_ Gnump3d.

My /guess/ is that the upgrade added an "AllowOverride None" directive somewhere in your Apache config which is preventing the .htaccess file from being read. You need to use "AllowOverride AuthConfig" or "AllowOverride All" in order to use auth settings in .htaccess. I can't say where about in your Apache config to put this directive because it depends on how the rest of the file is written. You should look here:
    http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#allowoverride
for a full description.

If you are actually using Gnump3d to serve your music then auth is controlled with the .password file in you music directory.