Re: [Gnump3d-users] running gnump3d on NetSecL without Apache

From: Marty Huntzberry
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] running gnump3d on NetSecL without Apache
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 12:37:14 -0500

Also, gnump3d is using port 8001 on my router.  I checked it with nmap (nmap
-p8001 -O LinuxHippy) and the port was open in NetSecL.  For some reason
it cannot find /usr/share/gnump3d/default/index.html.  I checked my
/etc/gnump3d/gnump3d.conf and ~/.gnump3d files and all was good.  I'm out of
ideas.

Marty

On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 16:21:33 +0000
Steve Kemp <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sat, Dec 30, 2006 at 10:21:02PM -0500, Marty Huntzberry wrote:

> Is Apache a requirement for gnump3d to serve?

  No.

  Run :

    gnump3d2 --fast --debug

  Then try to connect and see what error(s), if any, are produced.

  Failing that check that nothing else is using the port you're running
 it upon, and verify that something is listening on that port once it
 starts..?

Steve