Re: GNUnet 0.21.0 released

From: t3sserakt
Subject: Re: GNUnet 0.21.0 released
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 16:39:16 +0000

On 07.03.24 20:12, carlo von lynX wrote:
On Thu, Mar 07, 2024 at 02:15:02PM +0000, Schanzenbach, Martin wrote:
This release marks a noteworthy milestone in that it includes a
completely new transport layer.
Congrats!!!
Thx! ;-)

     - There are known major design issues in the CORE subsystems which
will need to be addressed in the future to achieve acceptable
usability, performance and security.
Sounds like waiting time isn't over, yet.

Yes, but the Transport redesign was the biggest chunk of work.

We will tackle the NAT traversal problem next. To test this we have to setup more complex testcases. I think those testcase will also help to test the CADET subsystem, where I also expect to find bugs.

The CORE subsystem tends to have design flaws in terms of traceability, not connectivity.

Finally we need to introduce onion routing resp. something comparable to hidden service to achieve metadata protection for message orientated applications.

- t3sserakt