grammatica-users

Re: [Grammatica-users] Grammatica TimeOut

From: Per Cederberg
Subject: Re: [Grammatica-users] Grammatica TimeOut
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 00:20:51 +0200

On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 07:11, Brandon Silverstein wrote:
> Hi Per,
>
> I followed your advice by using the "--tokenizer" command of Grammatica
> to see how my JML tokens were being parsed.  After I wrote simple
> productions, I started adding more productions and everything seemed to
> work.  However, at one point while using the "--debug" command, the
> program seems to just sit in an infinite loop.  This happened while
> fixing some more ambiguities, but I'm confident that I fixed them all.
> Has this been known to happen, or is my JML grammar file too large?

Weird. Maybe you've found a bug? There have been issues like that
with ambigous grammars before, but I thought I'd resolved them
once and for all the last time... The grammar size definitely
should not have any effect, as Grammatica should be able to handle
large grammars without issues.

If this happens consistently, please send me the grammar file so
that I can have a look at it. Feel free to use my private mail if
you prefer.

Cheers,

/Per