Re: [Groff] troff(1) and info

From: Stewart C. Russell
Subject: Re: [Groff] troff(1) and info
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 09:40:48 +0000

"(Ted Harding)" wrote:

> Acrobat Distiller
> is The One True Program for PS->PDF, but now ghostscript's
> ps2pdf has reasonably good support for pdfMarks

having used Adobe's Distiller on Solaris alongside Ghostscript 7.03, I
have to say that Distiller does a far worse job of routine font handling
than GS. Distiller is also unbearably slow; its only good point is that
it often makes smaller files.
(This is of little import to us, as we always zip PDF files before
transmission anyway.)

 Stewart