Re: [Groff] shifted output with version 1.17

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] shifted output with version 1.17
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 18:55:01 -0500

"George, Russell A" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Here a short sample of the groff/tbl code in question.

[munch]

Trying groff 1.16.1 and the development (CVS, 1.18) version:

        groff -t test.n >test.ps; gv test.ps

The table begins about one line below the top edge of the page.
Looking at your example file, I would expect it to do that --
you don't specify any initial space. Most macro packages would
add the space though; if I start 1.16.1 and the CVS using:

        groff -t -ms test.n >test.ps; gv test.ps

This starts the table an inch down from the top. Looking
at the registers you're defining in your snippet, I wonder
if you mean to use groff -ms rather than plain groff. If
you were using no macro package, and it was starting an
inch from the top, I would consider that a bug.

You might want to try 1.16 or the CVS to see if it gives
you the desired behavior. Hope it works!

--
Larry Kollar   k o l l a r  at  a l l t e l . n e t
"Strange that people always suggest commercial systems when the