Re: [Groff] Re: UTP paragraph spacing

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: UTP paragraph spacing
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:42:40 +0100

Hi,

> An interesting thought.  Technical books use so many headers and
> subheaders that I think I take my visual cues from them about when the
> subject is changing.

As a bit of an aside, I find when reading that my eye automatically
skips headings, e.g. a chapter heading after turning the page.  Most of
the time I don't notice doing this, but sometimes I find I don't know
enough context from what I'm reading and realise that I skipped over it.

Whether this is influenced by the style of the headings I don't know.
Perhaps it's just me locking onto what is the most `natural', in terms
of appearance, to read.

I'll stop rambing now,

Ralph.