Re: [Groff] Re: UTP paragraph spacing

From: Meg McRoberts
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: UTP paragraph spacing
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 01:53:55 -0700 (PDT)

--- Ralph Corderoy <address@hidden> wrote:

> As a bit of an aside, I find when reading that my eye automatically
> skips headings, e.g. a chapter heading after turning the page.  Most of
> the time I don't notice doing this, but sometimes I find I don't know
> enough context from what I'm reading and realise that I skipped over it.
>
> Whether this is influenced by the style of the headings I don't know.
> Perhaps it's just me locking onto what is the most `natural', in terms
> of appearance, to read.

How fascinating!  Exactly the opposite of how I read -- I'm sure there is
a fascinating epistomological/psychological issue uncovered here!

So do you prefer indented paragraphs with no space between them in technical
books or the block paragraphs?

> I'll stop rambing now,

Please don't -- this is the sort of discussion that is most interesting when
everyone chimes in with information about their own tastes and style.

meg