[Groff] Spam and virus cruft on address@hidden

From: jim
Subject: [Groff] Spam and virus cruft on address@hidden
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:18:22 +0100

    Ted> It would seem that my email address is being
    Ted> spoofed as the "From:" address. The headers in the messages
    Ted> indicate that the source is 82.50.102.82 and similar IP
    Ted> addresses which belong to the "interbusiness.it" domain.

Indeed. interbusiness.it is a notorious spam source that everyone
should have blacklisted years ago.

However this is beside the point. The mailing list server should have
adequate anti-spam defences in place. Blatant forgeries like this and
obvious spam/virus drivel simply should not be getting relayed to the
list. I have complained about this a couple of times to the list
manager and postmaster. There has been no reply.

This is very disturbing. It suggests that nobody is really looking
after the mailing list. The silence also implies nothing is being done
to improve the list's clearly inadequate anti-spam measures. Is there
anyone at ffii.org who cares about this? What's being done to improve
the situation? Is it time to find a new home for the list?

BTW Ted, since interbusiness are in Italy, they're covered by the new
EU anti-spam directive. You could try asking the police to prosecute
if you've got the time and energy to do that.