RE: [Groff] Re: Spam and virus cruft on address@hidden

From: MJ Ray
Subject: RE: [Groff] Re: Spam and virus cruft on address@hidden
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:34:21 +0100

On 2004-03-30 20:02:29 +0100 (Ted Harding) <address@hidden> wrote:

to be out of touch for a day or two, then genuine postings get
delayed.

Deputy list admins is a work around for busy lists.

Now that I think about it, unless every single mail was moderated
(i.e. had to be approved by Werner), this sort of arrangement
would not have prevented the recent flood of sludge allegedly
"from" me.

The sort of sludge that was sent here is easily trapped without moderating the whole list and without using CPU-intensive scanners.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ address@hidden