Re: [Groff] groff - me /texte français

From: Grégoire Babey
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff - me /texte français
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 01:25:06 +0200

Hi Ralph,

thanks a lot for your answer. Your command works fine.
I wondered where do you have this information from: I was searching in
man groff about the -k option, than in man preconv.  I understood that
-k  make use of preconv, which can convert utf-8 to Latin1.

I can find out by myself with which caracters I will have to use "\n".
But try this:

printf 'testé\n, ü\nber, ç\na' | groff -k -me -X

There is a space too much between é and , because of \n
Is there a solution for that?

I tried something myself: The following command is not the solution:
printf 'testé\, ü\ber, ç\a' | groff -k -me -X

... further I was reading around in the manual about groff -k and after
which characters you have to use \n.
I didn't found anything.

You are great help for me.

many greathings,