Re: [Groff] need help resolving groff error

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] need help resolving groff error
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 01:28:06 +0100

Hi charlie,

> now we are only getting a troff permissions error...
>
> "Groff: couldn't exec troff: Permission denied"

My only idea here would be to use soemthing like strace on Linux;  it
shows the system calls made by the program to the kernel.  By seeing
what requests groff.exe is making to Windows, the `noise' of groff's
source code would be removed and parameters and return values, including
errors seen `raw'.  Once the failing system call is found, its
documentation/Google can be examined to find causes, source code not
being available.  :-)

Cheers, Ralph.