Re: [Groff] devpdf U-fonts and Russian

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] devpdf U-fonts and Russian
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 10:57:43 +0200

[Replying to the list because of possible general interest.]

> I followed you advice and it indeed worked. Didn't know that the
> U-fonts can be copied from devpdf to devps :) Thank you for the hint!
> But could you at least reproduce the error from my example? Because if
> it is a bug, it ought to be fixed :-)

Well, I get *different* errors, that at first sight appear
somewhat bizarre but don't give the impression of something
critical

  bash$ groff -Kutf8 -pet -Tpdf RuTest.rof >RuTest.pdf
    RuTest.rof: Too many glyphs used in font '39'
    RuTest.rof: Too many glyphs used in font '39'
    RuTest.rof: Too many glyphs used in font '39'
    RuTest.rof: Too many glyphs used in font '39'
    RuTest.rof: Too many glyphs used in font '39'
    RuTest.rof: Too many glyphs used in font '39'
    RuTest.rof: Too many glyphs used in font '39'
    RuTest.rof: Too many glyphs used in font '39'

but the output is garbled (see picture).
I'm using the distribution-provided groff on openSUSE Leap 42.2
here.