Re: [Groff] devpdf U-fonts and Russian

From: Steve Izma
Subject: Re: [Groff] devpdf U-fonts and Russian
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 11:55:59 -0400

On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 05:10:17PM +0200, Tadziu Hoffmann wrote:
> Subject: Re: [Groff] devpdf U-fonts and Russian
>
> Of course, the best solution would be for everybody to stop
> using PDF and start using Postscript instead.

This is interesting. I thought that PDF had a more efficient way
of storing data than PostScript and as a result allowed for
faster reading and writing, although I've never looked into the
details. I haven't yet switched over from using grops to gropdf,
but I was beginning to think it was an inevitable path to better
document processing. Can you explain your preference for
PostScript a little further?

        Thanks,
        -- Steve

--