Re: [groff] mom & slide-presentations

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [groff] mom & slide-presentations
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 15:42:02 -0500

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017, Gour wrote:
> Thank you.  So, it looks that in order to use groff for *both*
> general content (articles, books,...) and slide-show presentations
> I'd have to learn/master *two* macro packages which makes ConTeXt
> more attractive option for my use case...especially considering
> its Unicode support, modern font support...

Not necessarily.  If you don't need gpresent's PAUSE function, it's
a fairly simple matter to create slide templates with mom, which,
moreover, can contain pdf links.  As for producing handouts from the
same source file, that, too, isn't difficult.  It depdends on how
radically you want them reformatted.

Unicode support for groff is pretty solid, so you don't have
to worry about that.  As for "modern fonts," PostScript Type1,
TrueType, and Open Type fonts can all be made available to
groff with the install-font.sh script

  http://www.schaffter.ca/mom/bin/install-font.sh

Cheers.

--