guix-devel

Re: GNOME 3.30: help needed!

From: Rene
Subject: Re: GNOME 3.30: help needed!
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2019 06:13:54 +0000

Hello Ricardo,

I tested GNOME 3.30 from the `wip-gnome3.30` branch and applied the Timothy
Sample patches[1] and these are some observations:

  * With `guix system vm-image..` the startup works correctly.
  * Using `sudo dd if=$(guix system disk-image ..) of=/dev/sdb` boot and login
correctly.
  * Using the `guix system reconfigure -L /home/remi/guix ..` option does not
seem to work; Is there any other way to reconfigure my system using my local
repository?.

  * On the other hand how to know if GNOME is using wayland?.

regards