guix-devel

Re: Communication and Design at Guix

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Communication and Design at Guix
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 23:08:13 +0100

nly <address@hidden> writes:

> continuing with the emacs example, a guixwiki.org would be awesome as
> an analog for emacswiki.org. User maintained, quick and short examples
> with lots of supporting links.

Hmm, I have the opposite opinion.  I find the emacswiki to be a great
example for what’s wrong with wikis :)

I’d prefer to add to the documentation that comes with Guix.  It doesn’t
all have to fit into the manual; there can be a tutorial document,
and/or a “cookbook” document — all collectively maintained in the main
repository and matching the very same version of Guix that the user
installed.

I would welcome patches that add a new cookbook document.

--
Ricardo