guix-devel

Listing all packages with --search now impossible

From: swedebugia
Subject: Listing all packages with --search now impossible
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 22:22:56 +0100

Hi

Yesterday when I played around with guix I noticed that the default behavior of
$ guix package --search
guix package: error: invalid argument: Missing required argument after `--search'

has changed recently from showing all packages to now showing none.

also:

$ guix package --search *
guix package: error: invalid argument: Missing required argument after `--search'

This is a bug. "*" should match everything.

Is this intentional?

This means that now users have to know guile to list all packages with all the fields. :/
--
Cheers
Swedebugia