guix-devel

Re: Listing all packages with --search now impossible

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: Listing all packages with --search now impossible
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 09:34:32 +0100

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> skrev: (25 januari 2019 23:05:51 CET)

Hi swedebugia,

<address@hidden> writes:

Yesterday when I played around with guix I noticed that the default
behavior of
$ guix package --search
guix package: error: invalid argument: Missing required argument after
`--search'

has changed recently from showing all packages to now showing none.

also:

$ guix package --search *
guix package: error: invalid argument: Missing required argument after
`--search'

This is a bug. "*" should match everything.

This is not a bug.

The argument must be separated from the option with an “=”. The second
problem is that “*” is not a regular _expression_ but a shell glob
pattern. You need to provide a regular _expression_. This works:

guix package --search=.*

Thanks!
We should document the regex syntax and an example I think.
--
Sent from my p≡p for Android.