guix-devel

Re: What is the philosophy behind shepherd?

From: znavko
Subject: Re: What is the philosophy behind shepherd?
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2019 21:02:42 +0000

Hello, Katherine! I've tried a little systemd, openrc and now I am using GuixSD
with shepherd.
Lot of people and developers use systemd.
Here it is a link you may get info from
http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
Here some theses https://ihatesystemd.com it was interesting for me cause I am
not as deep in init systems.

I think need to define criterion to get appreciation of something. Think that
layer is not a criteria.
Systemd works fine for some cases when you are sysadmin that want to control
lot of things in one general interface - init system.