guix-devel

Status of 1.0

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Status of 1.0
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 17:59:31 +0200

Hello Guix!

Here’s the quick update on things that remain to be done for 1.0:

  - live image configuration ready (I’ve started looking into it)

  - guix.gnu.org set up—Julien, are we going to be able to make it?

  - zh_CN + es manuals added

  - 1.0.0-pre2 submitted to the TP: translations need one last update

  - ‘staging’ merged: that sounds feasible now that the GNOME upgrade
    issue has been narrowed down

  - ‘static-networking’ support in the installer, hopefully!

  - improve handling of the initial passwords in the installer:
    <https://issues.guix.info/issue/35341>

Things we may not be able to do:

  - grafts: that was one of the big items in the 1.0.org document, but
    I’m willing to punt again on this one for now.

  - static-networking and IPv6: it looks like this will be for 1.0.1

  - new video uploaded on front page?

The April 30th deadline (+/- a couple of days) still sounds doable to
me, we’ll see how it goes, but let’s aim for that!

Thanks,
Ludo’.